Wednesday, 27 August 2014

High tension wire kills a woman & her sister in Lagos

Tags



fallen cable scene in Lagos

An electric cable fell on a house in Lagos and electrocuted a woman and her younger sister yesterday (August 26th) morning at Olumokun Street, in the Amukoko area.

Report has it that the high tension wire fell on the house at about 3am, and subsequently sparked fire, which made many of its occupants to flee for safety.

It was gathered that a woman, identified simply as Mama Ibrahim, with her 12-year-old younger sister, simply called Fatima, were however unlucky as they held on to an iron rod being used for canopy which had already gained current.

It was further gathered that Fatima, who came from Niger State to Lagos on a visit, was the first to hold onto the iron pole and she was electrocuted.

In a bid to rescue her sister, Mama Ibrahim was said to have attempted to pull the teenager off during which she was also electrocuted.


Drop your comment || Send us your Article, Stories/Video of rare events to: info @ jointarena.com
EmoticonEmoticon